Here are some more
Thai superstitions from the past which directly affect Thai life
and culture today.
(1) Do not bend down and look between your
legs. You will see a ghost.
(2) Do not sweep dirt out of the front entrance. It will make
all your money go away.
(3) Do not sweep at night. It is bad luck.
(4) Do not clean the spider web at night. You will lose all your
(5) Do not open an umbrella in the house. It will make you bald.
(6) Do not eat candy that has dropped on the floor. It now belongs
to the ghost.
(7) Do not put valuable things away at night. The ghost will see
and steal it.
(8) Do not keep broken Buddha images in the house. It will cause
your family to be separated.
(9) Do not tell other people about your bad dream when you are
eating. If you do it will come true.
(10) Do not rock an empty cradle. Your child will become sick.
(11) Do not throw anything onto the roof of the house. It is bad
(12) Do not tap a kid on his head. It will make him a bed wetter.
(13) Do not enter a house through the window. Bad luck will come
to that house.
(14) Do not allow wedding guests break any plates or glasses.
It will cause the couple to become separated.
(15) If you have a scratch, do not attend a cremation. It will
make your scratch infected.
Source: Translated from "Boran Oo-bai"
by Sanom Krutmeuang
Read more: http://www.thai-blogs.com/index.php/2005/06/28/random_thai_superstitions?blog=5#ixzz0teaB2LXa